If we are to compare between Windows Vista and its predecessors, it will become quite evident that, there are a number of advanced features and functions, which have been incorporated into the Windows Vista operating system. However, you cannot just jump into conclusion that the Windows Vista operating system is a fully stable and efficient operating system. The OS has its own flaws and shortcomings. Fortunately, with the frequency of such error reports reaching soaring heights, Microsoft has developed enhanced supports and offers software updates periodically to cater the requirements of users facing problems with their Vista computer. Here in this post, we will discuss about one such Vista problem and its troubleshooting tips.
While using Windows Vista, you might have come across an error message that states, “Processing cannot be continued because the Print Spooler Service has been stopped. Restart the computer to restart the Print Spooler Service and try again.” Well, this issue, according to our Microsoft support team, can be fixed easily. Given below are some simple instructions that will help you in resolving the issue in a matter of few minutes. Let us see how:
- Start the process by clicking on the Windows Start menu located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen. After that, click on the icon that is labeled by Control Panel from the list of Start menu options.
- Now, in the Control Panel window, click on the option named System and Maintenance followed by Administrative Tools.
- Next up, double-click on the Services button and then click on Continue to proceed to the next step.
- After that, scroll down and click your right mouse button on the Print Spooler in the Services window, and click on Properties.
- Once you do that, you need to click on the General tab and select the check box next to Automatic to put a check sign there.
- If the service has not started yet, then click on the Start button located below the Service Status section. When you are done, click on the OK button. By now, your print spooler issues should have been fixed.
So, that was some information about fixing Windows Vista print spooler issues. If, in an unlikely situation, any issue persists, please feel free to get in touch with our Microsoft support team. Hope you found this post informative.