Diagnosing a computer these days can be done by anyone, including you and me! Are you troubled with a slow internet connection? Then you can use the tools built into the Windows 7 OS to diagnose the reason behind the same. These tools can troubleshoot the problem quite effectively too, unless it is a hardware problem or a program/system error. Here at Windows Tech support, we shall show you a few simple ways by which you can get this done on your own without having to rely on technicians or your next-door neighbor's kid!
Windows online support instructions
• Switch on your Windows 7 device and log on to your Windows 7 computer. Wait for the system to boot up. Click on the Admin account label. Enter your password when prompted to sign into your account. The admin account will let you exercise the administrative rights.
• Move the mouse pointer and click on the icon placed on the bottom right end of the home screen. This will make the network options to pop up. From the pop up, select the label that reads, Troubleshoot Problems.
• Click the label that reads View Network Connections. From the View Network Connections window, select the label that reads network adapter. Make sure that you are clicking the network adapter that is connected to your laptop. Hit the Diagnose button to initiate the scan process.
• The Diagnose option will return to the details of the issues that is causing the network to go slow.
• Now you may select the Fix tool. The Fix option will fix the issues and other problems that make your network connection slow. This may take some time and will depend on the data being fixed. Close all the tabs and go for a system restart.
• Launch the Start menu, from the Start button. Click on the power button or the label shutdown placed on the bottom right corner of the start menu pop up.
• Wait for the system to reboot. The above fix method will help you fix the issues of slow Internet connection.
Follow the Windows online support instructions briefed above to fix the issues of slow internet connection. For any assistance on the same, feel free to contact our Windows support desk. You may also visit our tech blogs and forums for support.