Ask toolbar is one of the most infamous browser add-on from the Ask search engine. Although there are malware applications that masquerade as toolbars, Ask toolbar is not one of them. Even if it is not a malware, it is a useless application that changes the default search engine settings of every web browser that runs on your system and makes Ask website your homepage.
Here’s how you remove Ask toolbar from your system:
- Open the Start menu by clicking on the Start icon and then click on the Control Panel.
- From the list of options available inside the Control Panel, click on Uninstall a Program option under the Programs icon.
- You will be able to view every program that is installed on your computer. Navigate through the list and then select Ask toolbar.
- Click Remove and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Close any web browser that is running presently.
- Click on the Start icon and then hit on Control Panel inside the Start menu.
- This will bring up many options. Click on Uninstall a program, which is present inside the Programs icon.
- Select Ask toolbar from the list and then click on the Uninstall button next to it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to remove all running instances of the program.
- Open the Control Panel from inside the Start menu, which is present in the task bar.
- Click on Add/Remove Programs and then select the ask toolbar from the list of programs that are displayed.
- Click Uninstall and then Continue to initiate the un-installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the program.
- Hit the Windows Key + C and then click on the Settings.
- Inside this menu, you will find the Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features tab to view the list of programs that are installed in your computer.
- Select the toolbar and then delete it.
As you can see, there is no need for an Ask toolbar removal tool under normal circumstances. However, on rare occasions, the toolbar may become corrupt and the un-installation becomes impossible through normal channels. If so, you will have to download an Ask toolbar removal kit and run the software. Such an Ask toolbar removal tool will completely delete every instance of the toolbar and restore your computer back to its original state. If you are unsure about how do so, contact our tech support team for additional details.