We are familiar with the proverb “It is easier said than done.” However, the proverb is in contrary in case of Windows XP SP2. It is easier to uninstall and then reinstall the software than saying the word “Reinstall”, simply because the Microsoft Windows online support team has made the process of uninstall and reinstall quite effortless. You can activate Windows XP Service Pack 2 software in your system via phone or internet. The following instructions will help you in achieving your target.
• Insert the installation CD, which you get with purchase of Windows XP SP2 software, into the CD-ROM drive.
• Reboot your system. A few secondss before the Windows start loading, you will see this message on your computer screen “Press any key” to allow booting from the disk. Alternatively, you can press “F12” or “ESC” key to get options for booting. Select “CD-ROM” to go to the next step. Different computer will have different boot options key.
• Now, a license agreement needs to be made. Pressing “F8” key means you have agreed to the agreement. Select “Current partition” option. Press “Enter” button to start the installation process. In case of multiple partitions, choose and click the option where the software is currently installed.
• Using a popular file system format known as “NTFS”, you can format the partition that you have chosen.
• While setting up the GUI, you are required to enter the following information: license key, time zone, and computer system as well as network settings. The setup will take 30 to 45 minutes. Your computer will restart automatically before the activation process, so just wait patiently.
• As soon as your computer restarts, click on the bubble that shows the activation remainder. You will see this in the activation region. Then, choose your activation option, which is either phone or the internet. If you want the activation to complete in the shortest possible time, choose the internet option.
• Now, if you have chosen the internet option of activation, you have to wait for a few minutes, normally 1 to 2 minutes, in order to get approved. Then, in order to make sure the activation process is successfully completed, you need to restart your computer again. If nothing went wrong during the activation process, then the activation reminder will disappear.
Even though it is easy to uninstall, reinstall and activate Windows XP SP2 in your system, errors may occur anytime. In such a situation, the best remedy is to get in touch with the Microsoft Windows online support team.