Toolbars can be helpful to users at times, but most of the times they are only an annoyance. There are many toolbars available for different web browsers. Ask toolbar is one among the common toolbars that is a major annoyance. Many of the software applications have Ask toolbar integrated to their installer. Software like Nero has integrated the installer of Ask toolbar with it. When users install these software with the default settings, the Ask toolbar also gets installed without the knowledge of the user.
If you find that the Ask toolbar is slowing down your computer, you can remove it quite easily. The steps to remove the Ask toolbar from your computer are easy and it can be done without the help of any tech support agent. There are many ways to remove the Ask toolbar from your computer. The methods to remove Ask toolbar from Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers are explained below.
How to remove Ask toolbar From Internet Explorer
- Turn on the computer, click on the Start button and go to Run.
- In the Run window, type in appwiz.cpl and press the Enter key.
- This will open the list of the installed programs in your computer. Scroll down the list and locate Ask toolbar. Click on it and select Remove. This will remove the Ask toolbar from the Internet Explorer browser.
How to remove Ask toolbar From Firefox
- Turn on the computer and open the Mozilla Firefox browser. Click on the Tools tab on the top of Firefox window.
- From the list, click on Add-ons. This will open the toolbar list.
- Select Ask toolbar from here and click on Disable or Uninstall button to disable the toolbar or uninstall it completely.
These are the two main steps to remove the Ask toolbar from the web browser in your computer. If the above-discussed steps do not work for you, then you can use the free application named Toolbar Uninstaller. This software allows you to remove a large variety of annoying toolbars from your computer and it can remove many crappy adware toolbars like the Ask toolbar from your PC.