Babylon toolbar is an on-screen application where the buttons work to redirect the customers to a different website. When a user downloads the Babylon toolbar, some malware creeps in meanwhile. These toolbars admittedly augment the browsing experience of the user. However, there’s also an annoying side to this, where the default home page in your browser gets reset. In such cases, removing the toolbar would be the ideal option. Microsoft tech support provides assistance with uninstalling the toolbar from the browsers.
Babylon is a set of dictionary and translation tools, which integrates with various Windows and web programs that help you to translate the scripts. This is because the Babylon toolbar overrides the system setting, and can prove difficult to remove; several security websites have described Babylon as a browser adware. Babylon toolbar would change the default search engine and homepage in your entire browser. The effects of this may slow your computer down. Hence, the Babylon toolbar should be removed.
If you are looking on how to remove Babylon toolbar, you can follow these instructions to uninstall it before seeking assistance from the technical support:
- In the first step, go to the windows control panel and uninstall Babylon. Now, remove the toolbar through your browser‘s Add-ons or Extensions manager.
- Now, go to the additional action to remove Babylon toolbar completely from your browser.
Uninstalling Toolbar From Chrome
- You need to click the spanner icon and choose the Settings option. Now, go to the On start-up section, click the Set pages link next to open a specific page or set of page, and delete the Babylon entry from the list.
- In the following step, go back on the setting page, click the Manage search engines option, set Google as default, and delete any suspicious entries.
- You need to select the Show Home button option under Appearance and change the setting to your original homepage.
Uninstalling Toolbar from Firefox
- In the first step, go to Tools, options, General to reset your homepage. Once you have reset your homepage, enter about:config into the address bar, click I’ll be careful, I promise and search for Babylon.
- You need to right click any entries that appear in bold with user set as their value, followed by reset. You can also contact the Windows tech support to know about how to remove Babylon toolbar.
- In the next step, repeat the process for the term keyword.URL, and click the down arrow in the Firefox search box. Now, choose the manage Search Engine option and remove Babylon Search from the list.
Hence, you can follow these instructions to remove the Babylon toolbar. For more information, check Microsoft’s official website.